Saturday, December 23, 2006

Another Friday Night in the Cab

Another collection of drunks and yobbos safely transported home! It was quite a good night, measured from a dollars perspective, and at this time of year, that's a pretty good perspective from which to measure.

I slept in this morning then spent most of the afternoon working on, and finishing! our annual Christmas letter. I just have to photocopy it now and send it out, almost as big a job as writing it!

I have made the first tentative steps towards editing my video footage of our trip to Sydney for the Olympics in 2000! Yes I know that's 6 years ago, but it's a big project and I've been putting it off! However, with the DVD recorder and hard drive, I should be able to do something with it. The funniest thing is seeing how young Zac looks and sounds. Sophie hasn't changed that much but Zac looks like a completely different person! We stayed with Marty and Jenny in Sydney for the games and Marty has been on at me ever since to put it together. We tried to make a documentary of our trip and recorded lots of interviews with people on the street, on trains and at events but sadly the microphones played up and a lot of the sound was lost. Thankfully, the best bit of all, Zac commentating while Cathy Freeman ran one of the heats in the 400m came out perfectly, it is brilliant. I won't have that much time to work on it now but perhaps after beach mission I can get my teeth stuck into it. Once I've edited all the good bits together I hope I'll be able to add some music tracks. I'll keep you posted on the premiere!

No comments: