Thursday, April 14, 2011

Good News and Good News

Sorry I haven't written my Footy Almanac report on the Geelong v Port Adelaide game yet but the Cats won, easily. More to follow...

Good news pt. 2: I have lost 5kg since starting my COATC (Cut Out All The Crap) diet. I was pleasantly surprised when I stepped on the scales this morning to see that I have dropped down to just under 104 kg from a starting weight of a little under 110kg. Sorry about the approximations but my scales are not that easy to read! I got off and got back on just to check because the last couple of times I've weighed myself there has been almost no change. But I'm confident that I've dropped 5kg so far. My target weight is 90kg so I've got a fair way to go but I'm encouraged by the progress.
I have had occasional treats, a cherry ripe last week for instance and two bowls of low-fat ice cream in the last two months but compared to the daily indulgence in cakes, pasties, lollies and ice cream which had been my norm for a long time it has been a significant change. Interestingly, when I do allow myself a small treat, eg.a couple of squares of (dark) chocolate, A: I feel a little guilty and B: I don't feel the need to eat more and more.

I haven't yet gotten into any regular exercise so there is plenty of scope to accelerate the weight loss if and when that happens.

1 comment:

Toby Grant said...

Loved reading this, thanks